Sunday, September 14, 2008

All about the sabbath (mostly cause I'll copy paste this to use for my healthy habits journal)

So I am interrupting my quite time to write this, because something occurred to me this Sabbath. I think I am trying to be a weekend rest warrior, and trying to get all my rest into one day. And this means that I am not focusing on resting in God, but more on catching up on sleep and play that I don’t get to enjoy during most of the week. I’d like for my Sabbath to be lots of quite time (in the literal and Christianese sense), reading, time in nature, and fellowship. But yesterday, I was so physically tired by Sabbath, that all I did was lie on the floor of Steve and Tom’s place and watch tv and movies.

I think if I want to rest, and not just veg, I am going to have to be better at giving myself breaks through out the week. I'm getting better at setting aside chunks of time for home work, fellowship work, and Korean language development, so now I think I want to put aside some rest time during my days. If I actively rest as opposed to trying to doing hours upon hours of highly distracted work, I'll probably be able to get more done.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Someone this summer brought up the idea of idleness v. rest, and I have been wrestling with the difference ever since. I don't have it figured out but I have thoughts.