Friday, May 22, 2009

Summer Reading

We'll see how many I get through while I am in Korea.

Soul Searching- Mindy Caliguire
Evangelism in the Early Church- Michael Green
As I Lay Dying- William Faulkner
How to Lead a Seeker Bible Discussion- Rebecca Manley Pippert
The Cost of Commitment- John White
The Master Plan of Evangelism- Robert E. Coleman
I Once Was Lost- Don Everts and Doug Schaupp
Friend Raising- Betty Barnett
Picturing the Gosple- Neil Liningstone
Coconut Generation- Sam George
Colossians Remixed- Brian J. Walsh and Sylvia C. Keesmaat
Courageous Leadership- Bill Hybels
Called to Care- Judith Allen Shelly and Arlene B. Miller

3 comments:

Kellie said...

Can I borrow I Once Was Lost this fall? I've been wanting to read that.

-Kellie

Carrie said...

I also bought Coconut Generation. I think I will borrow Ife's Colossians Remixed. I think this is the summer to tackle Knowing God by J.I. Packer. I am developing my book list this week!

Carrie said...

Okay, Katy -- this is my rough draft:

The Namesake (a novel) - Lahiri
Uncommon Decency -- Mouw
Knowing God -- Packer
Surprised by Hope -- Wright
Evangelicals on the Canterbury Trail -- Webber
The Outrageous Idea of Academic Faithfulness -- Opitz
Understanding the Coconut Generation - George
Habitudes #1 -- Elmore

PLUS
One book on evangelism (TBA)
Maybe I Once Was Lost
Colossians Remixed or another one (can't remember title)
Reading for class at church